Help with IDing this mill

snoopdog

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Pretty sure chinee, rusty, but followed me home, first one with accys.
20211228_164914.jpg

Grizzly uses green paint. It is either Chinese or Taiwanese.. Besure to check for burrs, where to placed the chain. I use carpet or fire hose under on chains . Looks like it's like new....

Grizzly uses green paint. It is either Chinese or Taiwanese.. Besure to check for burrs, where to placed the chain. I use carpet or fire hose under on chains . Looks like it's like new....
I will, didn't think about that when I went after it, but didn't reef on the binders either.

I have ask if you don't mind, how much did all that roughly cost you please? I've never tried an auction and might get motivated :eagerness:

That is one of the smaller knee mills that Grizzly has in their catalog, small enough it needs its own stand, rather than its bigger brother which stands on the floor all by itself.

Many people put a 4"-6" riser on the column to gain space between the spindle nose and the table.

It looks very similar to mine, same color. I’ve had it for about 2 years, picked it up at an estate sale pretty cheap. I replaced the plastic hand wheels, added a DRO, and cleaned everything. It took some small shims to get the head trammed well. It’s pretty accurate, bores round, straight holes and leaves ok finishes. It has no identifying marks on it, here’s a picture of the only clue on the machine. The motor is made in Taiwan so I assume the machine is too.
DDDB72E7-0018-4261-ABDC-589BF84A450E.jpeg
DFD16743-EDF5-44C6-826D-C967BDA6D96E.jpeg

Those end mills may be a little large for that mill . I would suggest sending them to @Steve-F or myself for safe disposal . ;)
Yeah, there's 8 of those craftsman toolboxes full, at a later date I will be sorting.
I have ask if you don't mind, how much did all that roughly cost you please? I've never tried an auction and might get motivated :eagerness:
To be clear, I didn't buy it at auction, the fellow I got it from did. Most all my shop stuff comes from auctions tho, it takes a little practice.

Back