Help with the lead screws

thayne_1

Registered
Registered
My Bridgeport cross feed stopped working. I removed the table to access the problem. The backlash adjusting screw had broken off flush and the brass nut walked out. It also broke the little pin that holds the key. My question is what do I want to get for a replacement nut a 1 piece or a 2 piece? Also where do you guys get parts from?

Well Thayne, I recommend the 2 piece. It is easier to adjust. Also, you have more adjustment with the two piece. Many guys will cut their one piece to get the extra adjustment.

Here is where I buy my parts:

Buy Parts Here

Good luck on your repair. Get us some pics of it if you get a chance.

You might be able to use the ones you have and cut them in half. I did that to mine and it worked very well. You will gain much more adjustment over the one piece.

Well I got my new parts today. I got the split nuts. The old one piece nut was too far gone for any repair. I decided to do a good cleaning on the saddle. Good thing I did. Three of the oilers were plugged. This makes me have more questions. How do you test the metering units. And what size should they be? I have everything cleaned up now. I will need to order some tubing to replace the lines.

Back