Here we go again

Diabetic?

I'm type II and am always terrified something will happen to my feet (mild neuropathy) and I won't catch it in time. I'm checking them all the time, wear footwear everywhere and check them every evening before bed (wife looks closely).

I also make sure they're well padded so there's not a chance of injury inside my footwear.

Maybe you're got bone spurs or some other similar osteo issues? I think neuropathic foot ulcers are mostly from pressure points you don't feel, aren't they?

I'm sure you're getting the best care you can for your condition if you see a doc about it often.....

Diabetic?

I'm type II and am always terrified something will happen to my feet (mild neuropathy) and I won't catch it in time. I'm checking them all the time, wear footwear everywhere and check them every evening before bed (wife looks closely).

I also make sure they're well padded so there's not a chance of injury inside my footwear.

Maybe you're got bone spurs or some other similar osteo issues? I think neuropathic foot ulcers are mostly from pressure points you don't feel, aren't they?

I'm sure you're getting the best care you can for your condition if you see a doc about it often.....
I have fitted insoles for diabetic shoe.

Not diabetic, other cause of Neuropathy.
9 yrs. USN..........
Saw doc today due to an issue found last night, he found the 6th one under a callous.

I have fitted insoles for diabetic shoe.

Not diabetic, other cause of Neuropathy.
9 yrs. USN..........
Saw doc today due to an issue found last night, he found the 6th one under a callous.
Ah yes. I have many ex-navy friends whose knees are just wrecked from the constant motion....I supposed all the metal surfaces and stairs/ladders didn't help either......

Same with airforce and army vets. Military is just hell and havoc on knees (and backs) no matter which element.....

Ah yes. I have many ex-navy friends whose knees are just wrecked from the constant motion....I supposed all the metal surfaces and stairs/ladders didn't help either......

Same with airforce and army vets. Military is just hell and havoc on knees (and backs) no matter which element.....
Never saw a ship, but climbing on A/C without ladder killed the knees............

You probably know the typical drunken sailor..........

Never saw a ship, but climbing on A/C without ladder killed the knees............

You probably know the typical drunken sailor..........
Nope, we operate a little differently in Canada. If it and aircraft, it's Airforce. No sailors or soldiers work on our aircraft. If a ship or the Army requires an aircraft, the Airforce staffs and maintains it and we become a lodger unit in the other elements. Keeps all the aircraft stuff standardized across he military.

It was always a fun time shipboard. they were fishheads/pukers, we were zoomies....

That being said, deployed ops means you're crawling up and over the aircraft on foot steps and hand holds. No ladders or lifts nless you're at the MOB.....

Well, waiting in the ER for a room, gonna be a bit of a stay...........

Back