HF 7X14 Seems Weak

check these sites - not exactly what you are looking for - but getting close

http://www.varmintal.com/alath.htm#Slowing
https://www.cnczone.com/forums/benchtop-machines/320894-g0704-pot-adjustments.html

If all else fails I have a board that was tweaked for power & rpm and tested (by a controller repair company on the left coast - I don't remember who) then never installed. It still has the test result paperwork with it. Cheap.
That is a good picture, I think I can do it.
Thanks to every one that helped.

If you still need more torque, there are kits available that change the pully size on the motor and headstock, and use a different belt. These slow down the lathe a bit, which allows you to turn up the speed control a bit, and by using a different drive ratio, give more torque. The combination is noticeably more torque.

If you still need more torque, there are kits available that change the pully size on the motor and headstock, and use a different belt. These slow down the lathe a bit, which allows you to turn up the speed control a bit, and by using a different drive ratio, give more torque. The combination is noticeably more torque.

That is good to know.

I primarily use the lathe to drill holes in coins for the rings I make and it has no problem doing that.

I have been thinking of getting another one, thinking this one LMS 5100 Mini Lathe, so I can leave it set up with a 4 jaw chuck, I am wanting to make some deer antler rings.

Did you get things worked out?
On mine there were 3 tunable pots that were blue on color with a small plastic slotted adjustment screw head. Each both on my board was labled as such if i remember correctly ....
Pot 1- "S" - which i assumed was the overall speed setting.
Pot 2- "T" - which was overall torque
And Pot 3- I dont actually remember what that was labled nor am i 100% positive that im right in my beliefs but i think it had something to do with adjusting the Automatic Fault circuit interrupter trip limit in some fashion but not sure at all.

Ive lately seen on here a few other variations to that circuit board when it comes to those adjustable POTs where there were 4 pots and where mounted on different locations but they always seem to be labled somehow.

Did you get things worked out?
On mine there were 3 tunable pots that were blue on color with a small plastic slotted adjustment screw head. Each both on my board was labled as such if i remember correctly ....
Pot 1- "S" - which i assumed was the overall speed setting.
Pot 2- "T" - which was overall torque
And Pot 3- I dont actually remember what that was labled nor am i 100% positive that im right in my beliefs but i think it had something to do with adjusting the Automatic Fault circuit interrupter trip limit in some fashion but not sure at all.

Ive lately seen on here a few other variations to that circuit board when it comes to those adjustable POTs where there were 4 pots and where mounted on different locations but they always seem to be labled somehow.

I have been so busy that I haven't messed with it yet and it works fine for drilling the coins.

Back