Hi Spot / Prussian Blue Dye

@Cooter Brown :
The stuff I have used is "Micrometer" engineer's blue marking, and also, very successfully, "Pébéo Ocre Rouge, Huile Fine" which is a very finely powdered high density oil colour for artists. I got it from eBay, mostly because it was a huge heavy 200ml XL tube for a fraction of the price of a little tube of blue. It spreads, and works the same, and wipes away with a little alcohol.

When you say "yellow dye", do you mean the stuff you dye clothes with, maybe dispersed in a liquid?
Maybe allowed to dry? Is it special stuff for metalwork?

@Cooter Brown :
The stuff I have used is "Micrometer" engineer's blue marking, and also, very successfully, "Pébéo Ocre Rouge, Huile Fine" which is a very finely powdered high density oil colour for artists. I got it from eBay, mostly because it was a huge heavy 200ml XL tube for a fraction of the price of a little tube of blue. It spreads, and works the same, and wipes away with a little alcohol.

When you say "yellow dye", do you mean the stuff you dye clothes with, maybe dispersed in a liquid?
Maybe allowed to dry? Is it special stuff for metalwork?

Richard King uses a few brands of waterbased ink called Canode Yellow Die Spotting Ink or Charbonnel Aqua Wash Etching Ink......

The Canode brand is difficult to find but the Charbonnel is available on amazon....

He made us add a little windex to it, rub it on with a foam paint roller and then wipe it off with a dry rag..... Then after bluing the part the yellow really makes the blue pop out...

Last edited:
Back