Hideaway rack

Discovered the interrupted cut method on a YouTube video. Had to come up with something to help get my last project to completion. Just used a cutoff wheel on a side grinder. Even then my order of operations could have been better. LOL

Is your Plasma on an X - Y coordinate system or just freehand?

Laying out the patterns was a total flashback to my old mechanical drawing days.

I used just a plasma to make all kinds of fancy deliveries for the fruit equipment we were making. So my "trick" was the tool that was always in my apron was a cheap 6" trisquare. So I measured the offset of the plasma nozzle and made a notch in the end of the trisqare that corresponded to that offset. I'd draw the pattern out with a silver pencil(used for doing blueprints, way better than chalk) then set up the angle magnets(used for welding) with the key stock and use the notch on the line and bump the magnets/keystock to the line. No big revelation, but worked perfect and when done looked like it was sheared. CNC would be great but for what I do it takes up too much room, $$$ and brain cells. :)

C-Bag I too prefer the direct approach myself! You can do a lot with the right steady rest & a steady hand.

I hear that! My preference for magnets were the cheapo HF angle magnets. They were not very strong so were easy to adjust, and oh yeah, cheap.

Back