HMI Displays Arduino Compatible

JFL4066

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
All,
I'm working on an Arduino project and want to incorporate a Resistive touch 7" screen. I want to create an HMI and menu system with simple text buttons and some icons. Can someone recommend a display/software system. I don't need WiFi, Bluetooth, video, etc. capable displays.

Check out adafruit, which does a great job of supporting with software. Also, I’ve used digole screens with success but don’t know if they have anything in that spec.

Thirding Adafruit. I made an ELS touchpanel display with a 3.5" display. It was done with all low level graphics though. The code for the display was 65% of the total number of lines of code for the entire electronic lead screw project. Was a lot of work, but mine came out well.

Give the Nextion line-up some consideration. It is basically a stand-alone display that communicates with the Arduino. Once you figure out the library they provide, and understand that it is a second computer working in concert, you'll find that it is really powerful and flexible, since it takes a lot of the HMI graphical processing load off of the Arduino.

Give the Nextion line-up some consideration. It is basically a stand-alone display that communicates with the Arduino. Once you figure out the library they provide, and understand that it is a second computer working in concert, you'll find that it is really powerful and flexible, since it takes a lot of the HMI graphical processing load off of the Arduino.

A bit more expensive, but a good solution.

I solved the processing issue by using a Teensy 4.1, which is a super charged 600 MHz Arduino. Around $30. It handles a 1024 quad encoder up to 5000 RPM in software plus DRO plus display and the actual control. It also has hardware quadrature encoders, but I didn't need them.

Thx All for the input!

I have been looking at 4D systems, Nextion, and Stone. It really comes down to how good is the OEM editing software for the display graphics. I could spend a year reviewing the editing software functionality and ease of use. Just thought maybe someone hear worked with it and had some tips/input. I just want a industrial type touch HMI with the "standard" touch buttons on the bottom or side to navigate. No animations or fancy graphics.

I recommended the Nextion, because I found the software to be easy and stable. The documentation on how to use the software was great. Videos on how to use the callback library for Arduino not so much, but there were several good videos on alternative methods. I eventually got the callbacks working, and it is really easy once you get over that hurdle.

I recommended the Nextion, because I found the software to be easy and stable. The documentation on how to use the software was great. Videos on how to use the callback library for Arduino not so much, but there were several good videos on alternative methods. I eventually got the callbacks working, and it is really easy once you get over that hurdle.
Thx for the reply!
Yes, I downloaded the Nextion Editor and started creating on it. I like it so far. Easier than 4D systems for my needs. There are some good YouTubers on it as well. One uses Inkscape to create a full picture overlay image and then add in the touch events. Very cool.

Back