Hobby Machining Group in Kalamazoo, Michigan area

kevin

Active User
Registered
Anybody in the Kalamazoo, Michigan area interested in getting together to talk about hobby machining, share ideas, buy/sell/trade tools, or what have you?

By "Kalamazoo area" think Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, Portage, Paw Paw, Plainwell, etc.

I am a bit surprised that there aren't more replies than mine. I am in Bangor, lived in Paw Paw until 16 years ago when I moved here.

I am a bit surprised that there aren't more replies than mine. I am in Bangor, lived in Paw Paw until 16 years ago when I moved here.

I lived in Bangor for about 20 years long time ago, Last time I was there it looked really bad lots of stores gone.

Oh well I had a good time there and in South Haven PawPaw only stayed there about 8 hrs.( Long Story). We used to run up to Kalamazoo ever so often that was a fun place back i the day.
Paul

Well, it's a bit early yet. We can't be the only two people in SW Michigan with this interest.

Well, it's a bit early yet. We can't be the only two people in SW Michigan with this interest.

I am sure there are more but are not a member of this forum or any machining forum.
I know of a couple in this area who do not spend time surfing forums.

I'm in Coldwater..keep me in mind...I'm new to this site but been a tool man a long time

I'm in Coldwater..keep me in mind...I'm new to this site but been a tool man a long time

Added Coldwater to the map: http://goo.gl/ZNT0q8

Here is what I am thinking: If we get enough people interested, we can start with a simple "meet and greet" at some central location - no particular agenda, just get together and talk about what we are interested in, what kind of machining we are doing, whether we would like to have some kind of regular meeting, how often, etc. (okay, maybe a little bit of an agenda). How many people is "enough people?" I don't think it has to be a large number to start; I'm thinking five or six people willing make the trip (which, based on the map as it is now, looks to be at least an hour's drive to a central location).

I'd like to hear what the responders to this post are thinking: What do you have in mind?

I'm in Rochester. Any SE Michigan guys? Or maybe we could consolidate at a central location?

Back