Home Made Tools dot net

Costs 5 bucks to even have a look at the content? How does someone know if he wants to join if he can't even look around to see if it is worth his money?
I did not know that. I'm pretty sure it was free when I joined.
Robert

My issue is that the site takes posts of of other sites and doen"t even contact the original poster for permission. Some times the posts are lifted within minutes .

Happened to me on a post about a 5c collet chuck I made.

Ron

That’s called theft of intellectual property :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My issue is that the site takes posts of of other sites and doen"t even contact the original poster for permission. Some times the posts are lifted within minutes .

Happened to me on a post about a 5c collet chuck I made.

Ron

Well, that is not good. So, they steal intellectual property and charge you to even look. Are you guys sure this is a good site to belong to?

So, here's a question for you lawyer type guys. If someone takes a project you've posted somewhere, like here on HM, and puts it up on Homemadetools.net without your knowledge or consent, can you demand that they remove it from their site? Seems to me that this would be possible, no?

From the forum Terms and Rules:
It is permissible to link to content from this site as long as the original source is clearly stated, but the wholesale reproduction or partial modification of content is not permitted. Exceptions are granted only if you receive prior written consent from Hobby-Machinist.com.
I would think that if a H-M member poached someone's IP that's an issue for the originator and H-M to take up with that member.
If someone from another site poached content, that's clearly a violation of our Terms and Rules not to mention the copyrights of the originator.

Now Rick makes all of his content 'copyleft' which is to say that it can be shared so long as full credit given and it is not altered.

I am not a lawyer but I deal with copyright and licensing as part of my job.

See they have 13 of my projects listed.

Greg

Their 'Take down request(s)' requirements are a bit sketchy to say the least.
Then if you look at the bottom of the page you'll see all their 'affiliated' sites.
A ton of different sites.

Back