Home Theater Universal Remote

jbolt

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
No other way to say it but I really hate Logitech. I don't know what it is about Logitech where they can make quality hardware that almost works.

Anyway, over the years I have been through about every offering of retail universal remote in the $150 or less range. They all seem to have there limitations. My all time favorite was the original HTM MX-500. PITA to program but 100% programable and once setup would control any IR device. It became obsolete with RF and WIFI based components.

A few year ago I tried the Logitech 650 which was okay but it also required an adapter to control the PS3 we use to play bluray's . It would constantly forget commands and settings and have to be reprogramed. So I bit the bullet and went with a Harmony Elite hub based remote. When it works it works well but it too has constant sync issues, intermittently forgets component commands, the touch screen is WAY too sensitive and terrible battery life. Tonight was the last straw when I went to add a Roku box to the menu and the hub will not connect to any of our phones no matter what I try.

I really want to be done with Logitech. Does anyone know of or have experience with a high end universal remote that actually works?

Pick up remote, turn cable box on, pick up another remote, turn receiver on, pick up another remote and turn tv on, it's missing batteries, pick up another remote and turn tv on, what's this universal remote thing you speak of?

Pick up remote, turn cable box on, pick up another remote, turn receiver on, pick up another remote and turn tv on, it's missing batteries, pick up another remote and turn tv on, what's this universal remote thing you speak of?

I just tell one of the kids to come up and start this damn thing ! :rolleyes: Gotta have 8 remotes lying on the table and none of them seem to turn the tv on . :dunno:

I have a shoebox full of universal remotes, none of which actually were...but I fell for them one after the other.
I gave up and have 3, at least one of which is always stored under the sofa cushion.

Ahh, I remember the good old days when you actually had to work up a sweat and climb out of the armchair walk about a thousand yards just to change the channel with a knob that required the strength of Atlas to turn. :laughing:

That guy in the front kinda looks like me when younger . :grin: Gotta love the long sleeves and ties running the lathes . No glasses either . :busted:

Sorry no help here.
When I was a boy, I had to wade thru 9 feet of shag carpet just to change the channel on the tv........
This is why they made TV Pillows. So you could lay on the floor a couple of feet away from the TV and easily reach up to change the channel during channel surfing. Of course there were only about 10 channels so at least it didn't take hours and the commercials were part of many of the shows.

Back