Home Theater Universal Remote

To keep all my remotes together, I mounted them all to a block of wood the size of a 4x4. It was the size of a brick and you didn't have to worry about losing it in the crack of the couch cushions. Now with the addition of 52 other devices, I've mounted them to a rotating turret that sets on the coffee table and resembles a Gatling Gun.........along with a bushel basket of batteries.:big grin:

I replaced all of my stoopid remotes with one simple wireless mouse. I set up the TV to turn on when signal is detected, so moving the mouse wakes up the mini pc and the screen. No TV or audio remotes needed, no cable box necessary to watch cable TV online through my internet provider. Netflix, Hulu, Prime, YT- it's all there, one remote!

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the thread. Apparently I'm the only one here with this first world problem. :big grin:

I was hoping to avoid it since everyone on THM is civil, so I'll put on my boots and wade into the AVS forums......

The back of my remote had the code, and instructions, my daughter figured it out. :)

I'm using the logitech hub based setup. It works well, and was reasonably priced from costco. It can control IR and Bluetooth devices. I'm not aware of much choice out there that is reasonably priced. The home automation guys have some nice looking gear, but it's crazy expensive.

All the replies make me feel old,,, 3 channels,, I was the remote,, mercy I was the antenna too!

Nothing with the word universal truly is, go buy a universal socket and report back on how great it is.. LOL

Don't forget the foil balls :)

Back