hopkins allen 25-20

did manage to get the screws and pins and target blocks all blue along with the but plate it coming along

hardware.jpghardware1.jpg

hardware.jpg hardware1.jpg

well been trying to fig out how to case color on a grille with charcoal am getting closer every day Im not using a real blend of bone and charcoal have had some success we are trying a few different things and watching for good or bad a few pics from the first daycasecolor1.jpgcasecolor2.jpg

casecolor1.jpg casecolor2.jpg

Nice, very nice work. Wish I could do a stock like that.

thanks mg wish I could also I can finish one fine but haven't mastered the checkering or putting a steel but plate on . still working on the charcoal kiln and to see if I can case color this action my self and getting closer

casehard7.jpg

casehard7.jpg

still messing `with the charcoal fired kiln for case coloring and did some thermo testing and the lump charcoal burns about 1460 deg. f and in one hour the inside of the crucible was 1360 f hoping to find some junk actions to practice e on at the gun show this weekend
casecolor7.jpg

casecolor7.jpg

I am sure that the CCH samples you have done look better in person. Its hard to take pictures that show it well. Looks like you're getting good coverage .. Are you managing to get similar patterns on opposing sides? What do you plan to coat a finished piece with? I like Johnsons paste wax for its ability to subdue garish colors. Bake on clear lacquer works when want it to show.. I haven't settled on any one coating myself, try to match the final finish to the character of the particular gun.

as of so far wolf I have had some pieces come out with great color on all sides some not plan to do a but plate this week its cast was blued to a purple color so it is a good test put a pic up as soon as I get done with it

Back