How can I straighten a large cast pulley?

Finding a new pulley is out of the question, I found 1 that might work and it was $1300.00.

I got some time this morning to work on it again and I cleaned the crank shaft and remeasured it, it runs true and the diameter is 1.375 +0 - .002

I laid the pulley on a flat surface and the rim is as true as my flat surface, Cast table saw top.

There was a lot of crud in the pulley hole so I cleaned it out good and remounted it on the compressor and the wobble went from .490" down to .150".

It fits nice and tight when it's clamped down but has a little play when the clamp bolt is loose, I'm thinking I will see if I can shim it to get it a little better unless that's a bad idea. I may just live with the .150".

ALSO, NEED INTAKE AIR FILTER

Before doing anything to increase speed find your model number and check with a Kellogg parts supplier to see what the maximum rpm of that model. Kellogg made several models of each size with widely varying top speeds. The 335 model for instance came in models with top speeds varying from 418 rpm to 810 rpm.

Before doing anything to increase speed find your model number and check with a Kellogg parts supplier to see what the maximum rpm of that model. Kellogg made several models of each size with widely varying top speeds. The 335 model for instance came in models with top speeds varying from 418 rpm to 810 rpm.
As it sits it's only running about 320 rpm, the new pulley will bump it to about 390. Don't think I'm getting to fast yet.

I haven't been able to find any specs on the compressor.

Here's a Word document with some information about Kellogg Compressors. Mine has the size of the compressor (311) cast into the main body.

Attachments

• Henke - Kellog American - compressor info 2A.doc
    389.5 KB · Views: 4
Mine is a model 33, I have found info on the 3 digit model numbers but nothing with a 2 digit number.

Is that a weld on the vane at the lower left?

Thanks for the doc, From that I think mine is a 352, have not found a place with the number, but it looks like the 352, and has the 3 groove B belt pully, It has a 10Hp Wisconsin engine, powering it.
It needs valves, and I would think a new tank. Have not use it in about 8 years, Sits on a trailer in the back yard.

Thanks for the doc, From that I think mine is a 352, have not found a place with the number, but it looks like the 352, and has the 3 groove B belt pully, It has a 10Hp Wisconsin engine, powering it.
It needs valves, and I would think a new tank. Have not use it in about 8 years, Sits on a trailer in the back yard.

The company the document in my first post came from "Air Compressor Equipment" does sell compressor overhaul kits, head rebuilding kits, and valve kits:

I don't have any idea what they cost through this company. When I needed parts for my 311 I went to E Compressed Air:

At the time they had the best prices and delivery times. I see some parts are still available through them, but some items like the valves have a note to "call for availability".

Back