How Did I Become One Of Those Old Guys?

Got a ways to go till it is 40, but past 30+, and DEFIANTLY do not tell her to kiss my ass, she might kick it. Retired from one career and now working on second, with a bunch of different ones jobs and stuff before the first career. But still kicking and that is what counts, beat what the docs told me and am still walking and not in a wheel chair so I feel lucky, just wish getting older did not involve so much pain. But welcome to the Guys club. We're not old we are just well used, and comfortable with things.

38 years in construction - that will wear you out fast. Semi-retired and became an electrical instructor. Best part is a somewhat temperature controlled setting and a lot less physical. Down side is gaining 20 lbs. from not working as much. Working on fixing that part. Soon will have 39 years of marriage to a wonderful wife that gets mad if I DON'T buy what I need or want.

The funny thing for me is that I only feel old when I share my 35 years of experience in construction with you guys. They aske when I learned about something and I tell them 20 years ago and their mouths hang open. I work longer hours then they do, move faster on site and get twice as much done because I know how to worker smarter not harder.

I only feel old in the morning for about a hour or two then I feel middle age then in the evening I feel about 100 but in spite of it all I'm having the best time of my life.

I'm still just a snot nosed kid. Well, I keep thinking that way anyhow. Like my grandmother used to say: "Old is a frame of mind. You're only old if you think you are".

Went to my youngest son's 2nd grade class show last night. Got a little bummed as I realized that I was old enough to be a parent to most of his classmate's parents...:eek:
What ended up being funny about it, is that it's first time that at one of his school events, I wasn't asked about which one was my grandkid :p

Back