How many chances would you give a business before giving up?

Pmedic828

Active User
Registered
Re: Best value for import tooling. brand & supplier recomendations
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this but here goes: :angry:

My son and wife wanted to surprise me with some AXA tool holders for Christmas 2013. They looked up the necessary on the CDCO web site but for some reason, could not order from the site. They called and spoke with someone at CDCO on the 10th of December. They ordered various tool holders and misc items. They had given the person a valid Discover card # over the phone. The person stated that he would process the order and call back soon with a tracking number from UPS.
She awaited his call, and after a few days, called to make sure that the items were sent. The salesman told her that the charge didn't go thru. So, around December 18, she called back again. She repeated the numbers on the card and the salesman said that he would take care of this ASAP, taking our email address so he could notify us of the status of the order. He said that he would call with the necessary tracking number anyway. She asked him if it would be out by Christmas Eve and he confirmed it. Again, my wife waited until the 27th of December and called him back. The salesman stated that the charge still would not go through and that he didn't have time to call back because HE WAS BUSY!
What makes this funny is that Discover notified my wife about 5 minutes after speaking with CDCO, that possible FRAUD was taking place because there was 3 charges for the same amount posted to the card by CDCO, and Discover would not authorize the 4th charge until verifying with the card holder, my wife. One was charged on December 10th, 18th, 21st. :whiteflag:After re-contacting him on January 3rd, he stated that the card didn't go thru again. At this time, we notified him about the Fraud notice we received from Discover card. After some checking, he called back and told my wife that he would credit all but 1 of the charges but he didn't have time to ship the items because "he was extremely busy" and we would "have to wait" till he "got around to it". She told him to cancel the order and he refused. She, in turn, called Discover card and told them that she still wanted the product but needed to get it shipped. :*****slap2:
I would assume that Discover Card called this salesman and informed him about what was going on. The salesman called us back later on Jan 3rd and gave us a tracking number which was verified on UPS website, while he was still on the phone, and we received the product a few days later.
The product was in good order without problems, but be advised that IMHO, you shouldn't have to BEG and Threaten a store to send your merchandise that you have paid for.
I am not sure about ordering from CDCO again, even though the prices are good. I have had GREAT results from Enco, Victor Machine, Grizzly, and other sites that have provided PROMPT service, courtesy, and good prices.
Just thought you fellow machinists should know... Any comments? :thinking:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your experience but I am not surprised. Depending on the company's reputation & size, I do give second chances. With larger companies things have always been resolved. For CDCO, I will never give a second chance as long as that Frank dude is running it. I also had threaten further action to get a refund after months of empty promises. I stay far away from them & I'm not the only one here just on this forum.

It's a shame really.... He's shooting himself in the foot and driving his business into the ground. He could have a great business, but this sort of thing has been going on over and over. There have been quite a few complaints about this guy in the recent months just on this forum. I would steer clear next time. I was tempted a few times to buy from CDCO because the pricing was good. I'm glad that i didn't.

Marcel

Aftr the horror stories others have posted about cdco I wouldnt give them a first chance. web reviews hold weight with me. I'd rather use tools4cheaP or chris at lms, david or ebay

I've bought from CDCO and haven't had any problems but it's been a while since my last order. IMHO I would give a vendor two chances. If they fail on the first go round they get one more chance to make it right. If they fail a second time I'm off to another vendor that want to keep my business.

Tom S

I have purchased from CDCO in the past without incident. The mecrchandise is cheap and of questionable quality. The prices are very good.
In my opinion, an honest mistake is a forgivable offense, and I could see a reason to try a vendor for a second time.
What you (and many others) have described here is a company that does not respect or value it's customers.

I bought some items from them a couple of months ago. When I spoke to the fellow I said I didn't want it shipped UPS, but rather USPS. He said he'd try to split up the order and put it in a couple of flat rate boxes. He succeded and I had my stuff quite quickly.

Needless to say I was quite pleased.

Sorry to hear that some of you had trouble. I bought some items from CDCO about a year ago and I had no problems whatsoever, so I was quite happy. I was just thinking about ordering some more AXA toolholders from him in the near future, but I am wondering if I should rethink it.

I have bought from CDCO in the past and never had a problem. I use Paypal when I can.

I have dealt on a bunch of stuff with Frank at CDCO. Once I get past the language issue, I have always had good service and prompt delivery. Always been worth the effort to communicate.
Jim

Back