How many drill chucks are enough?

There is no such thing as hoarding when it's something you use. (or might use someday) I don't know how many drill chucks I have on hand, but I do "salvage" old electric drills for parts. Some get reused, some end up on a shalf, some in a corner, and so on. Then there are the ones that fit my lathe(s), MT2 mandrels. I have a number of 1/2 inch chucks that have been that have been replaced with chucks that close to a smaller size that were replaced for opening to 5/8 inch. Since my large drill press also has a MT2 mandrel, there are several that fit it too. Then there are the Dremels, (3 at last count) where I often replace the collets with a chuck for specific jobs. Then there are the "temporary" contraptions that get built for some specific job and then set aside intact. 'Cause I might face that same problem some day in the undefined future. If I can find it and don't need to build essentially the same thing again. Call it a couple dozen and if anyone went digging, maybe more. I am a self admitted "pack rat", nothing gets thrown out. Some one may some day need what I happen to have on hand. Never mind what the "ex spurts" (has been drips under pressure) think. What you think you need is your target.

How many is enough????
When you have ALL of them.......

Back