How NOT to pack a vise for shipment.

acetone is probably a good idea, I think it also brakes down in UV so it could be left in the sun :)

It is properly adhesive stuff I had some on my figure nails and basically had to wait for my nails to grow out. ow

Stuart

yes, let it wear off! i rebuilt a '78 CJ about 8 years back and was using this stuff for some purpose, dont really remember. Long story short the last thing I tried to remove the foam from my hand with was aircraft paint stripper. Do not apply this stuff to your hand! To this day I have to apply thick creme on my right hand daily, if not several times daily, due to the damage. Use lots of neosporin and band aids in winter for the cracks in that hand. It sucks!!

Richard

expand foam works very well for shipping, but as the directions say, it needs moisture to cure. I shoot a layer then a quick spritz of water, wait 10 mins and repeat. or you can buy the type used for building boat fridges, mix the 2 parts and pour, but you better be quick cause it happens fast and I do mean fast.

Another method to try is to use 13Gal white plastic trash bags, double them up, layer the bottom as was done then do the upper with the opening
facing upwards.
Two stories on this. When I was selling some lathe chucks on Ebay I did two up this way. One made it fine the other other ended up in 'damaged packages'
in N.O. LA. I believe that the postal workers who were having to handle the flat rate boxes had had enough. That chuck shipped out at 68Lbs.
The one grumpy person at the counter at the local PO actually tried to tell me that a Large flat rate can't go over 35Lbs...
I also tried to give fair warning and printed up red stickers that said "-=- HEAVY -=-"

Another was two refurb computers I received one time. The vendor had packed both in the same box and used that commercial expanding foam.
Unfortunately the folks in shipping weren't very careful, both towers were stuck to each other and on one the foam had gotten inside the case.
I shipped 'em back...

Back