How to make this part?

Many Imperial lathes can turn metric. They just need a change gear, even if you have a gearbox, many times the proper gear will get you there. It's just a ratio.

No its single start. I thought about making a quick ring out of aluminum or something to check. Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering about that. Good to know.

I do have a 3d printer, but my Fusion 360 skills arent that advanced yet to make something with threads and what not. Thank you for that little formula. Thats what I was hoping for when I made this thread.

See above about my fusion 360 "skills"

It also has one turn ugh lol tried that already.

Thank you!!

I was wondering about that which if it were more than one thread I would be dead in the water since my lathe only cuts standard threads.

Id be lying if I said I knew how to do that lol. Im just a hobbyist/beginner.

Thank you guys all for the advice. This forum never disappoints! Do we think stainless is a good material to make this out of?
Make it easy on yourself and make it out of aluminum

Turn the problem on it's head. Count the number of threads (or partial threads) and the thickness of the flange.
Maybe you have 3/4 of a thread and .125" of thickness. You'd have .75/.125 => 6 tpi

No its single start. I thought about making a quick ring out of aluminum or something to check. Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering about that. Good to know.

I do have a 3d printer, but my Fusion 360 skills arent that advanced yet to make something with threads and what not. Thank you for that little formula. Thats what I was hoping for when I made this thread.

See above about my fusion 360 "skills"

It also has one turn ugh lol tried that already.

Thank you!!

I was wondering about that which if it were more than one thread I would be dead in the water since my lathe only cuts standard threads.

Id be lying if I said I knew how to do that lol. Im just a hobbyist/beginner.

Thank you guys all for the advice. This forum never disappoints! Do we think stainless is a good material to make this out of?
Thread killer you say?

I think that reply killed half the board.

Back