How to Prevent Glasses from Fogging?

Find yourself an outdoor store that caters to skiers. They will have a zillion different brands of anti-fog for goggles. The other option: a swimming supply place that caters to scuba/snorkel divers. Same deal. Being in Florida, your're going to find a dive shop a LOT more quickly than a ski store. In a pinch, spitting into your mask and briefly rinsing is supposed to work. I suggest removing your chewing tobacco first :grin:

I want to order safety glasses, and I am cheap. What's the best way to keep glasses without anti-fog coating from fogging?
Like others I always buy anti-fog if offered (don’t cost significantly more). I use these on generic readers, seem to do a decent job:

IMG_5360.jpeg

I want to order safety glasses, and I am cheap. What's the best way to keep glasses without anti-fog coating from fogging?
We used to make scuba gear. Most important thing is keeping the lense clean. We tried all kinds of exotic stuff and frankly, nothing really worked any better than Ivory soap in water applied with fine microfiber cloth. Just re-apply occassionally. You'll never stop it when transitioning from low to high temps and humidity but the rate at which it comes and goes will.

Best,
Kelly

Through Covid I could never find a mask that didn't fog my glasses, safety or regular. I had heard from the medical insustry that using Dawn dish soap helped. It must be unscented. You clean the glasses well and apply enough to coat the whole surface. (doesn't take much) Then only rinse them off enough to remove evidence of the soap. You should notice that the remaining water droplets bead up very well and you can blow them off easily. (I don't dry/touch mine with anything. Just blow on them hard).

I found that it really helps with fogging. It definitely won't prevent fogging... but it does help and is cheap enough. The side effect is being able to see better with clean glasses! LOL

edit to add: A soapy salution of Dawn and water is also awesome at killing the stink bugs that have invaded! You can just spray them with it. They usually fall to the ground and squirm for a minute before dying. No toxic chemicals needed.
We also keep a jar with soapy water in it. When one is on the wall or ceiling you just hold the jar under them and carefully tap them with your finger. They don't usually shoot the stink if you're gentle and they mostly just gravity drop to escape as their self defence.... right into the deadly soapwater! No muss, no fuss, no stink.

Last edited:
I worked at GM during the Covid required mask wearing period. We applied Palmolive to our glasses and wiped it off when dry. It worked well for no fogging while mask wearing.

Bruce

Back