Hows My Scraping Looking?

Need to put a tighter radius on your scraping blade to get the smaller points...

Heres the latest updates. I cut the points thinner. I made a lapping plate out of a big piece of aluminum and some diamond paste. I am having a really hard time getting consistent edges. I think I may just spring for the accufinish with the rough wheel and the 600 wheel.
Your work looks just fine for a fixture plate, though the 90 degree angle also needs to be brought in at the same time, don't know if you are attempting that. What size is the practice angle plate, maybe 3x3"?

You said in your original post that you are planning to scrape in a straightedge. A camelback straightedge needs to be a reference surface for scraping in other surfaces, and nothing less than correct will do. I am a novice as well, and I would not even attempt to do a camelback at this point, no matter how careful I planned to be. The camelback also needs to be spotted on a surface plate that is in current tool room calibration and is larger than the camelback is long. Making reference tools takes skill and care and knowledge, and respect for temperature variations and fluctuations as well.

I don't get what you are lapping and how and why (???)

I

Back