Hurricane Irma.

Been wondering how my place of the coast of Puerto Rico has fared. No communications there for a while. Looks like if I ever finish up here in Wisconsin, I'll be heading down there to do repairs. Just to make things even better, there is a wild fire burning several thousand acres a few (3) miles from my Colorado home. It would be great if it would turn out to sea before it hits the coast. Cheers, Mike

Texas, inland, Very few Tornados, Only some rain off the Hurricanes, occasional flooding but now bad where I live, Of course I grew up in TX panhandle tornado ally area. Worst we saw was over 15 funnels/tornados in one night. Even slept through one that took out shed/garage that my father built in the back yard. He was ****** it droped it ontop of his pickup.
AK, a lot of snow and chances to get stuck in it. So yea you get some weather all over the place.
Oh CAL gets earth quakes, but also a lot of wild fires.

Oh BOY. The models all agree right now, its going to make landfall in the keys right where I live in the winter. Just talked with my neighbors down there, a few will not leave. I fear for them.

Im over in Pensacola, less than 10 miles west to the bama border, We should not get much of Irma here

If your south of the Mouse House n havent got out, you are being foolish with your life
Looks like everything east is going to get hammered and hard

But what I saw driving around today, I10 west is not backed up, no signs of being out of gas or Hotel/motel rooms

Kids had a day off from school

we're north of Ft Laud 10 miles inland. this is the bad one.. going a mile away to a cement house to hunker down. no insurance..after the last hurricane, they raised the rates so much, you would have paid for house value in 3 years.
In God's hands now.

Y'all stay safe down there, Irma looks to be a bad one

Yep! My daughter and grandkids are staying. That boy she's been living with for the past 5 years don't have a lick of sense.
I told her this morning, she and the girls need to find a shelter to go to. He told her they will be fine. My comment back, I hope you have a boat, because you going to need one, if the house don't blow away first. His comment back is, I have a raft!
I may make the headlines next month if anything happens to my grandkids from his ignorant self!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I Agree Ken the grand kids and daughter need to go someplace safe , let the fool stay with the raft.
Hope I don't see you in the headlines

It's done, hurricane has passed. Impact on us personally was minimal, power was out for a day and a lot of small debris to clean from the yard. We cranked up the generator and even had morning coffee and kept the fridges operating. Hooked up the neighbor to the generator so they could do the same.

Went out yesterday to check on friends, some trees down, only saw one wire (power, cable, phone???) down in road. Traffic lights were out so care was called for since not all understand lights become four way stops when not working. The friends were OK so went home.

Long lines at the one gas station that had gas. None of the stores seemed to be open, since few had power it was understandable. That's the thing...just a few blocks over some neighborhoods had power. Most didn't tho'.

Me and mine are good and I'm very thankful for that. All not "normal" yet but getting there. Some folks hit harder will take longer.

It could have been overwhelmingly (long compound word?) worse.

Back