Husky Air Compressor Motor Dead

Hey Tom,

What the guys said earlier is correct . The Silver can is the RUN capacitor , and is stays in the line all the time powering the AUX winding . The black one is the START capacitor and is only connected for a short time during starting .

I had a the same thing happen last summer . Replaced both capacitors ( be sure to use the same MFD and Voltage ) and off to the races . In the mean time , I researched motors and Northland Tool was the best deal. Go by the nameplate amps , not the horsepower , as some Manufacturers use " Peak Power " and other such bullcrap to describe the horsepower rating .

Good Luck

Thanks for the info. I'm electrically challenged so I rely heavily on feedback from members of this forum.

I was able to find a capacitor at a local motor rewind shop that was a direct replacement. According to the shop owner it's not uncommon for Husky compressor motor run capacitors to go south. Fortunately it was an inexpensive fix.

Tom S

Tom,

Glad to heat it ..............

In the future , If one POPS look for the raised dome where the terminals are ...........it should be flat on the Run Capacitor.

Back