Resolved I am getting a message that the photographs I'm uploading are to large for server. They are the same size i have always uploaded. Something new?

jumps4

Global Moderator
Registered
I check my photographs they are the same size.
any help is welcome
Steve

Last edited:
I have also been having the same issue .In the past i have never had an issue downloading pics to hobby machinist .however the last week i get the same as OP thats if i try dowlown from my gallery .But if i try to download the same picture from messenger ie whats app images they will download .Im unsure why as its the same picture

Upvote 0
Had a problem yesterday uploading a pic also . I forgot how to resize in paint , I'll try again today .

Upvote 0
I have found a way to batch resize photos in windows
see:
It worked for me
Thanks
Steve

Upvote 0
I have found a way to batch resize photos in windows
see:
It worked for me
Thanks
Steve
Dang! That is clever. I'm going to start using this as my main method of compressing photos. Thanks for sharing! I will also put this in the How-To section at the top of the forums.

Upvote 0
I am continuing to have problems with this. I reduced the native size of pics on my phone to 7.7 megapixels. That reduces the file size to only 2.8 Mb and I am still seeing an error that the file is too large when I try to upload. The file limit of 2Mb is a pretty small file. Is there any way to increase this at least to 3Mb?
Resizing the pictures is cumbersome and only works if you have downloaded the pics onto a PC. I keep all my pics in the cloud and do not download them.
If this cannot be resolved it will definitely inhibit my posting and I suspect a lot of other members will contribute less content as well.
Robert

Upvote 0
I am continuing to have problems with this. I reduced the native size of pics on my phone to 7.7 megapixels. That reduces the file size to only 2.8 Mb and I am still seeing an error that the file is too large when I try to upload. The file limit of 2Mb is a pretty small file. Is there any way to increase this at least to 3Mb?
Resizing the pictures is cumbersome and only works if you have downloaded the pics onto a PC. I keep all my pics in the cloud and do not download them.
If this cannot be resolved it will definitely inhibit my posting and I suspect a lot of other members will contribute less content as well.
Robert
Hi Robert, I am concerned as well about content contributions declining. I'm already seeing it. I have a request into Xenforo and have yet to hear back from them. The file size limit appears to have been hardcoded into the latest update...I have no idea why. So, please be patient. Right now, I think the limit is 2MB limit which is admittedly small but still workable. Not ideal by any means but still workable. Thanks for hanging in there on this and providing additional feedback.

Upvote 0
Hi Robert, I am concerned as well about content contributions declining. I'm already seeing it. I have a request into Xenforo and have yet to hear back from them. The file size limit appears to have been hardcoded into the latest update...I have no idea why. So, please be patient. Right now, I think the limit is 2MB limit which is admittedly small but still workable. Not ideal by any means but still workable. Thanks for hanging in there on this and providing additional feedback.
While I'm waiting for a response from the developers...I've reinstalled the image optimizer. This should compress your files without loss of quality in the meantime. Please report problems here if you encounter any worth noting.

Upvote 0
Ive had a lot of issues trying to download pics myself .Its wiered i can take apicture in my phone try to download it but cannot .Then if i screen shot that same picture using same phone it will download no problem .So the quickest way i found to uoload pics was screen shot the ones i wanted to download.Ive since joined a couple of face book machining groups this is so much easier can download pics and video at your leasure so easily.So long as the moderators keep the groups on track i think ill lurk around those groups

Upvote 0
Thanks for trying to solve this issue. I am not sure what this means: "While I'm waiting for a response from the developers...I've reinstalled the image optimizer. This should compress your files without loss of quality in the meantime. Please report problems here if you encounter any worth noting. "
This does not seem to affect my pasting images into a post. How and when does this optimizer function?
Robert

Upvote 0
Back