I build these when Im bored

One year is not bad.

1-2 years for first offense is pretty typical. I knew a guy that was nabbed with 18 machineguns, SBR's , silencers, grenade launchers etc. All of them contraband. He got 8 years because he was a convicted felon and believe it or not convicted felons cannot be charged with NFA charges,. It would be a violation of their 5th amendment rights for them to file a form 1 so he only got charged with being a felon in possession of firearms.

I just wanna know what you build when you're NOT bored ? :grin: We built some nice stuff for DoD over the years . I found it was fun and rewarding , especially when we got to test them out .

I spend 4-6 hours a day during the week building suppressors, 22 pistols and/or AK's . I build other stuff too and do customer custom work. By day Im a mechanical engineer but Ive been doing this stuff a long time and I'm getting ready for my retirement which just means I'm bulking up on tools. tooling and equipment for the next 10 years so when so I do retire I can do this all the time. It brings me great joy. About to drop the hammer on a small CNC lathe which will really help me on some of the more intricate internal parts that are big time sinks.

Last edited:
I spend 4-6 hours a day during the week building suppressors, 22 pistols and/or AK's . I build other stuff too and do customer custom work. By day Im a mechanical engineer but Ive been doing this stuff a long time and I'm getting ready for my retirement which just means I'm bulking up on tools. tooling and equipment for the next 10 years so when so I do retire I can do this all the time. It brings me great joy. About to drop the hammer on a small CNC lathe which will really help me on some of the more intricate internal parts that are big time sinks.
Nice what kind are you looking at?

Just brought these to market. My goal is to build a few hundred a year

Attachments

• IMG_2793.jpg
    IMG_2793.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2794.jpg
    IMG_2794.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2797.jpg
    IMG_2797.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2798.JPG
    IMG_2798.JPG
    332.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2799.JPG
    IMG_2799.JPG
    306.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2800.jpg
    IMG_2800.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 15
Nice , hope it works out. I have had a few friends move from MA to NH and go on can spending sprees. One friend was on the phone with me and his wife screamed whats with all these checks ——-He giggled and says “taxes”

Back