I Know I'm Slow But......

Big Rack

Registered
Registered
What's the secret for finding stuff at Enco? Every time I decide to order always at the last minute I try to look up stock numbers in the online catalog I end up frustrated and decide to catch the next sale. How the heck do you find anything in the online catalog. For instance a 1 x1 x 6 stone for deburring o
r breaking edges by the time I find it I am bent. It so hard to use I normally try to get close and just go page by page. Do they have a paper catalog or a online catalog that looks like a catalog with an index? Maybe even a search feature that works. What is the secret? I know I am as dumb as a rock but either the catalog sucks or I am becoming dumber than a round rock not a sharp edge at all.

There website sucks. Sign up for emails and order a printed catalog. Make a list for when the next sale comes along. You can also use google to search there catalog. Just what you are looking for followed by Enco. { noga enco }

agreed, the website sucks.
What I do is just follow the first link I find to the master catalogue and page around from there.
Often you can find the earliest page for something if you scroll down a bit.
You end up at a page like this
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=269&PMCTLG=00

There is an index at the end of the catalogue. Just type some big number (5000 works) into the page box and it will take you to the last page
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=1097&PMCTLG=00

The hot deals have their own separate catalog. You have to click the hot deals button on the left side of the page.

BTW, Enco has terrible prices on sharpening stones.
I like this place for stones. Not all their prices are the best, but most of them are and they have package deals that are very good.
http://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/

I don't find the site too difficult to use. In your case type stone in the find box and search for keyword. It brings a list of findings showing different stone options. I think you were looking for tool room finishing stones? From that choice you can narrow it down based on size for instance. I frequently select the page in the list to make my final selection. If you want Noga products just type that in the keyword box. If you have a manufacturer number from another source you can easily check if they have it in stock. You can also build a cart and save it for when a sale comes along.

I have never bought from them because their webpage is nothing short of terrifyingly frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have problems with the site.

Finding anything is a real pain, and when I want to do a search I have to log in first otherwise the search comes back not found.

I just use my print catalog and then go online and type in the part number.

There site is a genuine PITA, if you get on there ten times you still will get lost trying to find your item. Must have had three blind men set it up. about the only way to do it is find the things you want ahead of time. Then wait for a sale.

Speaking of SLOW,I remember when I was in high school(70-74) back when I was slim/trim,lean/mean I was running track and the coach told me "Courtney I would time you but I forgot to bring my calendar" Sorry that what pop in my mind when you said your slow.Can't remember what I had for dinner couple nights ago.But I can remember what Coach McGee told me over 40yrs ago.The mind is a funny thing,sorry guys

Back