I made a hammer

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
1 3/4" Drop from my bats, and a 12" piece of 1 1/4" Al bar stock I had in a drawer. I should have drilled out the handle, but the loc-tite is set, so if I make another I'll do that. I have about 25-30 drops, I'm wondering If I wanted to sell one what I could get for one. I know Al is not as popular as brass, and lead, but it's what I have.

I made a small brass one years ago and use it quite a bit. I'm not sure if Al is heavy enough for a hammer.

1 3/4" Drop from my bats, and a 12" piece of 1 1/4" Al bar stock I had in a drawer. I should have drilled out the handle, but the loc-tite is set, so if I make another I'll do that. I have about 25-30 drops, I'm wondering If I wanted to sell one what I could get for one. I know Al is not as popular as brass, and lead, but it's what I have.
tenderizing mallet?

If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning, I wonder how much we can get out of this? :) :(

don't know what it's worth.
I am not a fan of metal handles, when my hands get oily things can fly... even with a knurling... wood is nice even with oil, especially if you don't seal the handle with a resin or lacquer topcoat.

BUT I like that hammer.. it's clean looking.

Back