i need to share this. . .

davidh

Active User
Registered
for the past year plus, i have been using the USPS for sending priority mail packages to literally hundreds of you, containing DRO's and Hardgoods. You know who you are. . . . . and know of the great service the postal employees have been giving you and i.

last week i discovered that i had sent a package to a fella using the address that appeared in his paypal account and come to find out, that was not his current address. . . .he had put his current address in the note at the bottom of the paypal notice, and of course he did not get the package. learning that, i immediately refunded his payment to paypal. .

i had hoped he could go to the address and retrieve the package and resubmit the payment. well that didn't work at all, there was never anyone home and the person at that address did not respond to a note that was left. what to do ? ? ? ? ?

i contacted the postal service on line and they referred me to the main postoffice in this small town. no name, just a phone number. i called and the lady that answered the phone was more than helpful, taking down the information, really sounded concerned. she took my phone number and told me she would personally go to the address and try to get the package back, but she would do this on saturday as she felt maybe someone would be there to at least answer the door.
saturday afternoon i got a call from her with a smile in her voice. . . she had my package in her hand and wanted to know where i wanted it to be delivered. . . . . . .WOW ! i told her to return it to me, and i would be more than happy to pay the postage for its return. "oh no" she said, "its a priority mail package and there would be no charge" DOUBLE WOW !
that was just this past saturday. . .. today, the package arrived, in good shape. . . . . at noon.
i cannot say enough good things about service like that. . . other than i was flaberbgasted by the service. so, the post office has scored 100% good in all my dealings with them.
just had to pass it on, ,
thanks for reading. .
davidh (still being very careful around electronic gadgits)

This is a wonderful story!
It means there is still people doing his job as a "mission" and not just to pay rent & eating.
I suggest you to send to that nice lady something like this:

379.jpg

379.jpg

if it are not too far to drive I think that you need to deliver the roses in person

I am noticing more and more in the past year that service is actually making a comeback in North America. No longer am I treated like a nuisance in stores or via email questions. Even interactions with our Federal and Provincial government departments are happening with good service and response times.

Maybe there is hope for North America after all :)

Gerrit

Davidh, I know exacty what your talking about. I do a lot of eBay sales and the first step I do before shipping is to do a quick scan of the paypal transactions for that exact reason. On the main page there will be a note icon on the left side of a transaction if the buyer added any info. Hover over it or go into the details to see the message. Usually it's a please pack well or change of address. This extra step could save you a bit of grief.

Those PP confirmed addresses are not always right. Just the other day I had a "confirmed" address that looked like this:

John Doe
John Doe
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

On a side note I rarely have a problem with USPS. Except for Parcel Post which I stopped using years ago. I dont know if they still offer that service. -J

Back