I needed a square collet holder

When I bought the Lyndex bearing collet nuts there were no cheap bearing nuts readily available for ER-40 at the time. They weren't easy to find either & expensive, like $45 ea. I bought 2 for both of my ER-40 chucks. My theory was that I knew I wouldn't be tightening down the collet nuts to spec & I wasn't gonna buy one of those expensive torque wrenches either.

But I didn't know any better at the time. If it were today I probably would have just saved my money & not have bought them.... maybe. ;)

I saw one video using 100 lb ft, ain't no way with a spanner, and spline wrench.
Rego fix 92.00 on the bay......

What a huge mistake! I thought I had kept these & sold the collet nuts that came with my Bison. I only paid $5 each for them but still! :bang head:

Screenshot_20200212-003817.jpg

Where are you finding a Rego-fix Hi/Q Friction nut for $5.00? I want several dozen at that price!

It was like 6 or 7 yrs ago on ebay, I forget. There was a bunch of them. Had I known I would have bought them all & kept them!

That is the one I saw on Ebay
Got it....

Wow, I ordered these blocks on Tuesday and they were delivered at 9:30 this morning from the UK.

Back