I stashed it away safely!

Have a spreadsheet for this, 1500 lines...

It works as long as you put it BACK...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

My absolute curse is only having the memory of “putting it in a really good place” but not where that is. My wife has the same happen and we both say when the other asks if they have seen something “oh no, its in a really good place”. If it ever shows up again it’s when I’m looking for something else.

I feel like I’ve gotten and handle on the problem now that there has been several threads about it and two of the best tips were, put it in the first place that comes to mind. And second, never move it! Upon reflection of those premises I realized that’s how my big rollaway was always organized I just need to expand that to the shop and storage sheds.

Oh boy...I'm right there! The folk of the "where the <expletive deleted> did I put it??!!" tribe. Put it to music. I know it's somewhere safe, but WHERE might that be??

I have a little brass box which is the repository for small important stuff. The best solution to that "really important place" problem since the box is prominently displayed in the kitchen and too big to lose.

In carpentry, everyone had that classic 25' Stanley tape measure. Had to keep buying a new one, because even with your name on it, other workers kept walking off with it if you put it down. I did the same thing to the other workers because the darn things looked the same. Finally, I bought some weird brand. No one liked that piece of &*$%, but I never lost it.

No one liked that piece of &*$%, but I never lost it.
I did the same by accident and I was never sure if was because it was not like everybody else’s or because it was odd it was easy to spot. Worked though. Besides tape measures the other thing that was constantly disappearing was box cutters. I found one that was pink and it never disappeared:)

It's been stud finders and shoe rasps for me. I seem to have excellent visual memory. I can usually picture the item in its spot. Unfortunately, it seems to be long-term memory, and the item may not have been there for a decade or more. Makes no difference, I can still see it in my minds eye, so I keep going back to be sure. OTOH, if any of you are missing 1/2" and 9/16" wrenches, I may know where they are.

I always put items in a place that I "certainly will remember". Rarely works but I find a lot of previously lost stuff while searching for the item I was looking for at the time.

Back