I stashed it away safely!

Saturation doesn't work- tried it with screwdrivers always saying "oh I have plenty it doesn't matter if I lose one"
Well, I lost 'em all except one, which I always had to hunt for when I needed it.
Now I'm buying them a second time, and making an effort to keep track of 'em

Went through this last night. I have a sander that needs a new pad. I removed the pad a day or two ago to see what kind of mount it used, and reinstalled it. After looking online I found one I thought might work. Went to double check with the sander and couldn't find the sander. After checking the spot I was sure where I put it and other spots for the 3rd time and trying different angles, amazingly it showed up, right were I put it...... I really need to get my eyes checked.

I have a note pad in the shop just for stuff that I put away for later use.

It doesn't help for hand tools that I seem to be able to lose in minutes.

You guys just have to accept the fact that there are shop gremlins. They will hide your tools and screws until you give up looking. Then they get tired of playing the game and put the tool or screws out in plain sight. If pretending you are no longer interested doesn't work, looking for something else usually does.

I have long thought the solution to losing safely stored items was to make location tags for every possible location and writing the location down whenever I safely store an item. Then, if I could only remember where I put the damn list.

I'm comforted in knowing I'm in such good company !
When I finally give up cause even after finding the notebook that says where it is at and I still can't find it so I breakdown and order another and bingo within a week here it it is and the replacement comes in the brown truck the next day...

Back