I think everyone can see where this is going...

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
I threw this stock rack together because i needed something. I realized right away that it sucked trying to get a particular bar out of a stack of bars....it just didn't work well and there is more wasted space than stock. Filled up it would be impossible to work with.

20210730_174946.jpg

Today i decided it had to change. Most of my stock is under 6 ft. Much of it is around 2 ft. With this new vertical storage I can practically utilize 70% of the vertical area for actual storage. Longer stuff toward the back. I can practically expect to fit 8 ft long stuff vertically

20230509_223511.jpg

Once finished the entire first section will be divided for vertical storage and I'm planning on doubling the shelves on the shelf section.

20230509_223500.jpg

With this storage I can mark the barstock on the end and pull it out pretty easily. The few six foot pieces I have will be less convenient so i may remove or modify the top layer if needed.

I will be able to see and retrieve stuff I didn't even know i had.

Yep, I got the horizontal problem. My storage is under the last five steps of the stair well. Room for an eight footer at the floor and four feet at the landing level. Why is it the part I need is ALWAYS on the bottom?

Yep, I got the horizontal problem. My storage is under the last five steps of the stair well. Room for an eight footer at the floor and four feet at the landing level. Why is it the part I need is ALWAYS on the bottom?
I made my shelves 12" wide and I ended up with tons of weight on anything I wanted. Now I can wiggle stuff around and pull stuff out.

Mark the height of each of your levels, so at a glance you know how long something is. Or take an old tape measure (cut the blade off) and put the blade against the upright permanently. I do that for my wood off cut racks. That way I can quickly weed out what I am looking for.

Back