I took a 10 minute break

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Went down to the basement listening to I 105 out of Pa . Nothing but hiring commercials for industrial mechanics . machinists , mill rites etc . Gotta laugh . Where you plan on getting them ?:rolleyes:

Is it maybe that so many of these skill working types were laid off at the first lockdown, and now the managers are finding the folk they need were forced to go on to other things, and wouldn't much care to return to a place that heaved them out anyway?

[ BTW - I can't do the 10 minutes kind anymore. Now they so easily stretch to double that, and there are times they distract into taking up the rest of the day! ]

2 companies advertise every 5 minutes .Graham Packaging and Berry Plastics . Both are bottle blowers and both supply McCormick's down here in Md . Berry and Graham both were here in Md and the closure of the Unilever/Sun products plant put a hurting on them . Guess they moved up to Pa. for cheaper labor .

[ BTW - I can't do the 10 minutes kind anymore. Now they so easily stretch to double that, and there are times they distract into taking up the rest of the day! ]

I have had to stop visiting this site on my breaks.......an hour can fly by and I'm not fully caught up yet.
-brino

2 companies advertise every 5 minutes .Graham Packaging and Berry Plastics . Both are bottle blowers and both supply McCormick's down here in Md . Berry and Graham both were here in Md and the closure of the Unilever/Sun products plant put a hurting on them . Guess they moved up to Pa. for cheaper labor .
They moved their plant to find cheaper labor, and now can't hire the people they need! I love it. That's what you get when bean
counters make the decisions.

During Covid many older workers just bumped up their retirement date a few years, or finally just did it.

There are a lot of fields which used to be quite competitive which are suddenly short handed and desperate for warm bodies. Seeing this with firefighting, law enforcement and the medical field. Apparently also construction, I frequently see hiring signs around town looking for trained plumbers and electricians.

Back