Resolved I want to change my signature BUT it tells me my current one is too long.

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I cannot change it. Is there a limit. Even if I shorten it, it tells me it's too long.
I want to add stuff. I see other people with much longer signatures..

I cannot change it. Is there a limit. Even if I shorten it, it tells me it's too long.
I want to add stuff. I see other people with much longer signatures..

FWIW , I know nothing about length limits on the signature Jeff , but I just checked and did this too mine . Maybe the link on yours has something to do with it :dunno:

Edit . I filled the box up completely with no issues Jeff . I had to change it back because my posts took up 1/2 a page . But , I had no issues with a very long siggy .

Upvote 0
well I deleted it, and started small..
apparently there is a short line limit. if your lines are too short it says it's too long.
So I had too many. If I concatenate them it allowed me. bizarre behavior.

Upvote 0
The Donations Levels chart, which appears if you click on the Donations tab in the main tool bar, used to show quite a few things that it no longer shows. One of them was maximum signature length or limit versus donation status or level. As I recall, the limit was on the number of lines that you were allowed, not the number of characters or number of KB or etc. However, the implication was that if what you entered exceeded the limits, you wouldn't be allowed to save it. Not that you could save it but always got an error message. That is strange. Also strange is that the limits are apparently still in effect but no longer on the chart.

Upvote 0
I guess links are no longer allowed, I can't get my link to store. It strips the code... DAMMMMMMNNNNN.
but what they hey... no big deal.

Upvote 0
All that anyone would have to do is to hi-lite it and paste it into their browser.

Upvote 0
500 characters, 3 lines, no links.

Links have been very problematic in days past for those that abuse them by hiding nefarious links in their signature. We limit the use of links in signatures for this reason. Sorry, bad apples ruined it for the bunch.

Upvote 0
Actually, I don;t think that links were every allowed. For the reasons that Bryan mentioned.

Upvote 0
Actually, I don;t think that links were every allowed. For the reasons that Bryan mentioned.
well that's not true. I had a link as of 2 days ago. I deleted everything to re-write. It appears the the app is removing the tags when saving.

Upvote 0
Back