ID this milling machine

jmudler

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Hello,

Long time lurker, just enrolled as I just bought a mill and lathe. Can some help me identify the model of this mill. I want to read up on cleaning/repair/service. Thank you in advance.Capture.JPG

Looks like the head is a Bridgeport 1-1/2 HP variable speed head. Lots of good info from H&W Machine on these. They sell many, if not all, of the replacement parts for them and have a bunch of YouTube videos on the subject as well.

My guess is the column/base is a round ram (less desirable than the dovetail ram).

Not sure what else you are looking for.

Hopefully R8 spindle also.

Series 1 2 HP VS head . Looks like dovetail ram with the adjusting bolt on the right side . Servo power feed. Looks to be R8 also which is the norm . Nice looking mill . :encourage:

Looks like a shorter table too, which is nice- maybe a 36"? Less likely to have warpage issues
The vari-speed heads can sometimes have some wear issues- be prepared to open it up at some point

Series 1 2 HP VS head . Looks like dovetail ram with the adjusting bolt on the right side . Servo power feed. Looks to be R8 also which is the norm . Nice looking mill . :encourage:
I thought all the 2HP had covers over the dial and the 1-1/2HP did not.

I thought all the 2HP had covers over the dial and the 1-1/2HP did not.
After checking , I believe that is correct . :encourage: The 2 HP has the cover and is marked .

Back