Identify bit for 1" boring bar

fillister

Registered
Registered
Hello,
I was given the below 1" boring bar for which I'm trying to identify the triangular bit so that I can order some replacements.

Thanks. any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3881.jpg
    IMG_3881.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3883.jpg
    IMG_3883.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3885.jpg
    IMG_3885.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3886.jpg
    IMG_3886.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 50
It's an Everede bar. I think that style of tool bit is obsolete (or at least unpopular). I have a few Everede bars and a fair inventory of the tool bits.
If you look on eBay, you'll find some tool bits.
BTW, the tool bits are (were?) available in carbide and HSS, various sizes of triangle and assorted lengths. Check a catalog for part numbers.

if you search the web, you can find a pdf of an old catalog that lays it all out.
Alternatively, I have a pdf of the 2017 catalog that contains the info starting on page 60.
If you want the pdf, message me your email address.

Extropic and Macd55

I did find it in a older Everede catalog as you said, I'll contact them to see if they still have parts and also Ebay.

Thank you very much for your help

Greg T

Extropic and Macd55

I did find it in a older Everede catalog as you said, I'll contact them to see if they still have parts and also Ebay.

Thank you very much for your help

Greg T

Let us know if the bits are still available. I use these bars at home and I would be curious if they are still available.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Have to check the stash to make sure , but 10 to 1 I have bars and inserts . Man , these are old school !

Back