[Lathe] Identify lathe

Thanks for the suggestions I’ve been suggested a lot of different brands but haven’t been able to definitively say its one or the other i’ll Have to get more pictures and look it over better

Gmciver, That was a great deal you got on that. I was in Alberta when the ad for that popped up.
I think that's gonna be a fun project to get up and running.
I live in Freetown myself.

Started tearing it apart and I found a piece of cast in behind the apron that says Dalton, hard to find information on Dalton lathes but it looks similar to others I have seen pictures of

Gmciver,
A week ago, I replied with the link to that Machine Tool Archive website. Now that you've narrowed it to Dalton, I looked it up and on the Dalton page, it seems to be the one labelled Unrestored Dalton link at lathes.co.uk The best keys to IDing which model it was seemed to be the double bolted headstock bearing and the shape of the tailstock.
Do you agree?
Greg

I agree with you, it looks like the unidentified one with longer legs. Another thing I noticed in common with the daltons was the Boston stamped gears

Attachments

• 9368C9F7-3DA8-4354-B82A-F6C6BD1A9B14.jpeg
    9368C9F7-3DA8-4354-B82A-F6C6BD1A9B14.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
I originally thought it was a Dalton only because there was a little one for sale nearby about a year ago.
But when I looked at all the pics on Lathes.Uk .... None of them had two bolts on the front of headstock near chuck.
That’s what threw me off...those 2 bolts.

Yep...now I see. It’s the one page I didn’t think I had to look at....Unrestored Dalton.
That’s it.
Daltons are nice lathes providing you’re not missing some part somewhere.

It seems pretty complete, I’m definitely missing the compound slide and some of the change gears

Back