identify old lathe

You should be able to find many of the parts you need for it on Ebay- I wouldn't invest a lot into it however since it lacks some of the improvements of the later models
Be careful around those spinning pulleys, don't get too close when it's running (one feature they improved later, belt guards)
Mark

I noticed that the bracket is broke that holds the lead screw. I guess this is a common problem. Does anyone know where to get one of these, either aftermarket or original. I would make one , but i am a newb. Lol. I love the thought of eventually being able to do that though. I added a pic of the bracket. Thanks again for all the help.

That could be brazed up very nicely and would be plenty strong for the application. It looks like a clean break with lots of surface to re-align the parts, and also lots of room for extra braze material that wouldn't be "in the way".
-brino

Might want to verify first that the part isn't Zamak. If there's a connection or possible connection to Atlas, many of the smaller parts could be. Zamak is non-magnetic so fairly easy to check. It melts at about 700 degrees F though, so brazing might be a little hot for that.

-frank

Last edited:
You should be able to find many of the parts you need for it on Ebay- I wouldn't invest a lot into it however since it lacks some of the improvements of the later models
Be careful around those spinning pulleys, don't get too close when it's running (one feature they improved later, belt guards)
Mark
I have the belt guard for it. I just had it off to clean it. The only thing i can see broke is just the lead screw bracket. Thank you very much for the information. I really appreciate it.

You're welcome, plenty of Atlas owners here, and we're friendly too! :)

That could be brazed up very nicely and would be plenty strong for the application. It looks like a clean break with lots of surface to re-align the parts, and also lots of room for extra braze material that wouldn't be "in the way".
-brino

It is made of zamak , I don't think you can braze it.

I believe that particular part could be replaced with a later version
What say Robert?

Back