Identify This Tool

walterwoj

Registered
Registered
I picked up this set of Starrett inside micrometers (I think) at a rummage sale last year ($25!!!) and have been trying to identify them.
b5f6a01e8da659f15245c5428bec68f7.jpg

I believe they are missing the 5-6 inch rod and the .500" sleeve/spacer. I think I can get replacements from Starrett but I have to know what model it is. Any Gurus out there who can tell me the model. I have looked them over and have not found any model markings, just the Starrett branding.

0dd870698c7eff9b358d22f75eb4130a.jpg

de92bbd6d8bfda0dd1648ebd8f65222e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Inside micrometer. I have several. You can make your own replacement for a missing rod. Calibrate with a micrometer or by comparing against a known rod where they overlap.

@walterwoj Edit: I should learn to read more carefully.. I have the Starrett micrometers as well. No idea as to model no. If you can't find the parts from Starrett, you can make your own. The 1/2" extension is simple, just a .500" bushing with an i.d. to fit the shank of the extensions. To extend the raqnge of my limited set, I machined an extension which has a shank to match the diameter of the extensions and drilled to accept the extensions. Mine is 2" long which gave me an additional 2" for the measurement range.

Last edited:
Your inside micrometer is a Starrett #124. Rods should be available.

It looks like the 1/2" long sleeve is missing.

Back