Resolved "Ignore" a forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked my test account & it's not there either, only ignore member. I'm thinking it may be a paid membership privilege. Brian @vtcnc could you verify?

Gold Level Donating Members and up have the option to ignore threads and forums. All members have the option to ignore members as part of our online anti-harassment toolset.

Some forums are set so that you cannot ignore them, even if you have the feature enabled, such as this Support sub-forum, Rules, Announcements, etc.

Pretty much everything else can be ignored if you wish.

If you go to your profile page you can see the link "Ignoring" which will provide a summary of what you are ignoring by category (Members, Threads, Forums)

I'm not looking to ignore a member, I want to not see a specific sub forum. It would be much easier to simply have an option to exclude a single forum from the "new posts" search results rather than go through and designate all the other forums as what a user may want to see.

If it can't be done because the forum software doesn't support it, then It can't be done. End of story.

I'm mainly asking because in today's "climate", a thread title like "show us your ar15" might not go over well with forum members that may have had...shall we say, "negative" experiences with that sort of thing.

As I mentioned, I'm not an "anti-gun nut" or anything like that (I have various firearms in my gun safe). I used all sorts of weapons systems in my 30 years of service and have personally seen what they can do to a human body by my own hands. I respect that those that like them, like them. Whatever their reasons.

But it can't be ignored that some might not want to be reminded of something that's happened to them in the past involving weapons. Simply being able to "ignore" the weapons forum would fix that issue. I'll also admit that while I do own an assortment of weapons, I have them for a purpose and would rather not be reminded of what I've had to do with other "types" in my past. The weapons I have are for practice shooting at the range, I don't shoot anything else these days because, well......I don't want to ever again. I also took a long time to develop the skill and as most know, it's perishable if you don't regularly practice, so I target shoot. Lets just say that my ability to put rounds on "target" are quite....lets just say....."refined".

I'm not trying to raise anyone's back or be political here, it just seems the "empathetic" thing to do. Leave the forum results, but allow those that don't want to see it.....not.
In the United States we have a 2nd Amendment, So we have a right "To Keep and Bear Arms" That means we should be able to carry them and show them if we feel the need to and to protect ourselves and our families, And also push back against Tyranny if need be. Those who don't like it can exercise their First Amendment rights, But they can't take my 2nd, I don't wish to take their first. Unfortunately the 2nd Amendment is under attack. I am glad we have the sub-forum for weapons, It's very American.

Just ignore the sub forum if it bothers you.

I understand all too well the scars of combat. I spent ten years in therapy after my part. I got nothing to prove to anybody about it. It's mine alone.

I never made anyone else accountable for my issues. I don't expect special treatment.

I hope you can hide the things that bother you without expecting the site to censor those things for you. Here's to hoping.

In the United States we have a 2nd Amendment, So we have a right "To Keep and Bear Arms" That means we should be able to carry them and show them if we feel the need to and to protect ourselves and our families, And also push back against Tyranny if need be. Those who don't like it can exercise their First Amendment rights, But they can't take my 2nd, I don't wish to take their first. Unfortunately the 2nd Amendment is under attack. I am glad we have the sub-forum for weapons, It's very American.

Just ignore the sub forum if it bothers you.
Thanks for making a simple request for management into a political argument.

By all means, continue to puff your chest out all you want because you just earned a position on my “ignore” list.

goodbye.

Last edited:
Excuse me, But post #1 was quite political, Actually it was so called politically correct, Which I prefer not to adhere to. You started this, And I am standing up for the weapons forum.

Maybe you should have private messaged the admins instead of openly asking about it.

aaaaannnndd… this thread is locked and the matter considered resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaaaannnndd… this thread is locked and the matter considered resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I literally just attempted to lock the thread also. You beat me by a split second so my action resulted in unlocking. Now it's locked again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back