Resolved I'm Following three members but have never (many months) received an Alert

extropic

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Doesn't 'Follow' mean that I should receive an Alert when the 'followed' member posts a reply or starts a thread?

Maybe I don't understand what 'Follow' is. Please define 'Follow' functionality.

I'm not for sure as I don't use it but I assumed it was meant to be similar as the "friends" feature that vB has.

I've had people mention to me that they've followed me (on XF) but never get notified of my posts/activity. I do have my privacy setting for "receive your news feed" set to "nobody" so I assume that it why.

If I click on "news feed" I do see many of the members' posts that I am following. I don't believe you are suppose to get an actual alert for people that you follow. There's no alert setting for people followed.

Upvote 0
Thanks again Will. I also see the followed members @ News feed. I had no idea what 'News feed' was.

I guess I'll leave this thread alone (not REDOLVE it) for a few days, in case any other readers can use the tutorial.

Upvote 0
I have often wondered about the "ignore" feature. What does that do? I don't abhor anyone that much to use this feature.;)

Upvote 0
RE: ignore feature. Allows you to ignore a members posts. You don't have to abhor a person to use the button. One scenario could be a member that has really good projects you like to read, but they are active in a sub-forum you aren't really interested in. You could watch the project thread, but ignore their content.

Will is correct, a user must have their privacy settings setup to allow for following by setting their privacy to allow.

Upvote 0
Back