I'm getting a Bridgport mill - can you help identify it?

Dynahoe Dave

Registered
Registered
Hi,
I'm getting the machine in the picture. I tried to get a picture of the model number, but it's too blurry and unreadable.
It comes with a set of collets, some tooling, already converted to single phase, sounds good running no load.

I'm guessing it weighs around 2000Lbs?
Mill14.jpg

I agree. Looks just like mine, other than I have the longer bed. Looks like it has the original 3 phase motor and the old style power feed like mine as well.

Yes, 3 phase motor, with some kind of converter electronics.
Are there any manuals or the like that explain what all the knobs and levers do? I've used another [different] machine a few times, so I have some idea, but more info is better.

And “step pulley”, you could say as an additional descriptor.

Vintagemachinery.org has Bridgeport manuals you can download.

Bruce

H&W Machine is a good source for OE parts.
Ask me how I know.
Congrats. Great Mills!!!

Somethings screwy, ok nice ole girl, she has the pancake motor, good condition by the looks of it. Good luck, have fun , BE SAFE...

Last edited:
That looks like 2 machines made into 1. Looks like the base of a old round overarm machine and they put a more modern ram type on the old column. The new machines ram saddle can rotate it 180 degrees if you have a slotter head. That one has 4 hold down bolt holes and the ram saddle won't turn. Many Bridgeport owners never turn it, so it might be good. Up here in MN you might pay $1500.00 if you got lucky. The power feed is also old. The best way on that power feed is to look at the round holes the quick change feed lever goes in. Worn machine the holes get wallowerd out. Better check the ways too, so they are smooth and not scratched up (scored) the backlash in the feed screws and grab on the table and push and pull it in and out and look to see if it rocks or moves. I have a photo of #1 Bridgeport that is in The American Precision Museum in VT.

20161001_153735.jpg

20161001_153743.jpg

20161001_153836.jpg

Back