I'm Happy. Mom is receiving Hospice care

We had hospice care for my Dad. It was a great help. My sister & I traded times being there also. A lonely road.

Our thoughts and prayers are with your Mom and your family. My wife and I went though this with an elderly neighbor we moved in with us. Hospice was a God send. It can be a struggle, but also life changing. Our parents and elderly in general deserve love and dignity during this stage of their lives. This is something you're part of.

Been a rough day.Her doc said, she just wants to die, why don’t we let her stay here, introduce comfort care and allow her to pass with dignity?
It won’t be long now.
Tough day!

That is an option, this is not an easy position to be in. Is it just a bad day, has she been eating, taking fluids?

Been a rough day.Her doc said, she just wants to die, why don’t we let her stay here, introduce comfort care and allow her to pass with dignity?
It won’t be long now.
Tough day!
Sorry to hear the sad news, Jeff. I hope she can pass quietly and in good spirits. (I hope we all can...) -Bob

Sorry to hear about the bad day brother.
I hope her journey is peaceful.

I thought of my family. Hope it goes as well as such things go, Jeff.

Long day yesterday.
She was on Roxanol every two hours then went to, can’t remember the name. A sedative of sorts.
We didn’t want to leave her alone but she didn’t move and seemed peaceful for six hours so my wife came home at midnight.
I’m heading back over there in a few.
She has fluid in her lungs now which was expected.
My boys were able to say goodbye, I couldn’t get the words out, I looked at my wife for help.
One thing about this experience, it brings all the importance people in our lives together.
Unfortunately, my brother in Tucson can’t be bothered with any of it.
He will accept the check I send him though and the investment portfolio.

Thank you for allowing me to vent and share.

(Welcome back Bob!)

Just got the call.
Mom passed away this morning.
She was peaceful to the end.
I feel sadness but also relief that she will no longer suffer.
She did not want to live out of a hospital bed.

Thank you my friends!

Back