I'm old and I got tired of lifting a 75 pound vise off of the mill table!

Mini Cooper S

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
As I said, I'm getting tired of lifting the 75 Lb. vise off of the mill. Not to mention whenever my son takes the vise off, he puts it on the floor, I really don't like picking it up off of the floor!
Necessity being the Mother of invention and laziness being the father, I made a vise storage arm. Works pretty good.20200226_175410.jpg
Clamp the bracket into the vise...
20200226_175529.jpg
Unbolt and lower the table....
20200226_175556.jpg
Swing vise around the back side for storage!20200226_175925.jpg
When not in use.

Last edited:
Great design and wonderfully built!
I suspect there will be quite a few "sincerest forms of flattery" built just like that.

I like your close fitting t-slot covers too.......

-brino

I have the same problem with my dividing head. I need two people to lift the darn thing.
Have plans for an overhead crane.
While your solution would not work for me, you have certainly manufactured an elegant solution.
Great inspiration.

Mal

Nice, I like how you used pins to get captured between the vise jaws so it can't slip off.

I have the same problem with my dividing head. I need two people to lift the darn thing.
Have plans for an overhead crane.
While your solution would not work for me, you have certainly manufactured an elegant solution.
Great inspiration.

Mal

It could if you use a bar if you have a chuck mounted. That's what I use to move my super spacer around.

Attachments

• 20190822_210206.jpg
    20190822_210206.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 45
Great design and wonderfully built!
I suspect there will be quite a few "sincerest forms of flattery" built just like that.

I like your close fitting t-slot covers too.......

-brino

Thanks, I don't like cleaning chip out of T-slots either!

"I'm old and I got tired of lifting a 75 pound vise off of the mill table!" Ain't that the truth?
Heck - I'm having issues with the 50lb dog food bags that show up on the door step.
After analyzing the situation and coming to the stark realization that it just isn't doable anymore, I gave up trying to lift it on/off by myself.
I score a small electric hoist at an estate sale and I need to get that mounted so that I can use it.

Great idea and nice execution. To extrapolate, we need a modular tool change system that can hold the vice, the dividing head, and the rotary table. And that other thing the next guy will mention. Dog food bag optional?

Back