I'm starting to think my wife has a point...

I usually come up with something disarming to say like…
Why do you have to bring up old sh@t all the time
OR
If we can’t get past blame, how will we go forward….

I usually just get the eye roll or the head shake, and go back to my mischievous shenanigans again
I just ask “Oh, were you about to burn dinner again” and she usually leaves me alone for a few weeks.

This is supposed to be punishment, but I like the solitude.

So, my wife pointed out to me (in a very wife-y way) that this is not what the kitchen table is for.

View attachment 470406

I'm testing the new board... but she might have a point. :)
Sadly, this is about half of the tablets I use for testing, not counting the two that I use in the garage.
Kitchen is primarily my domain (preparing food), as is most of the basement (mini-shop, finished playroom converted to office and 40% of shared storage). Garage is shared territory, as is our bedroom, family room, foyer and laundry room. My wife has the small (11’ x 12’) bedroom as her den/office, and is in control of the guest bedroom, “spare” bedroom (had been daughter’s growing up then used by grandchildren as needed), living room (parlor?) & dining room. Thus we have enough separate areas to do in what we want (not enough space, though), which I am convinced is what has kept us from doing each other in the past 40 years in this house (married 50 years next Spring).

Kitchen is primarily my domain (preparing food), as is most of the basement (mini-shop, finished playroom converted to office and 40% of shared storage). Garage is shared territory, as is our bedroom, family room, foyer and laundry room. My wife has the small (11’ x 12’) bedroom as her den/office, and is in control of the guest bedroom, “spare” bedroom (had been daughter’s growing up then used by grandchildren as needed), living room (parlor?) & dining room. Thus we have enough separate areas to do in what we want (not enough space, though), which I am convinced is what has kept us from doing each other in the past 40 years in this house (married 50 years next Spring).
never works for me my wife always takes over what ever space is available, solution built a 30X60 12ft eve building and i routinely take anything that is not mine out with the front end loader grapple (the grapple destroys just about anything that is not heavy metal) and ask my wife where she wants her stuff put, most of it is not usable at that point but sorry honey its the grapple not me. after a few times suddenly stuff stopped showing up. I'm thinking about applying that method to anything else that is left someplace i disagree with.

So, my wife pointed out to me (in a very wife-y way) that this is not what the kitchen table is for.
She is absolutely correct!!!!

I do this sort of work on our dinning room table and reserve the kitchen table for eating.... so having breakfast, lunch or dinner does not necessarily require that I pick up and move my stuff so often.

Back