I'm Stumped, What is This Thing?

MrWhoopee

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member

1691334312122.png

I think this is a radius cutter. I think it's for stones on surface or tool grinders. In the middle of the cutter, there appears to be a diamond. Instead of being horizontal and a long arm, this one appears to do it vertically, I don't understand all of the adjustments there, but that's because the angles of display are not that good. just my opinion.

I think this is a radius cutter. I think it's for stones on surface or tool grinders. In the middle of the cutter, there appears to be a diamond. Instead of being horizontal and a long arm, this one appears to do it vertically, I don't understand all of the adjustments there, but that's because the angles of display are not that good. just my opinion.
My first impression was the same, some sort of wheel dresser. Here's the other view.

1691335142784.png

Radius and angle dresser for form grinding . You can dress a radius with multiple angles in one set up . Its a very nice tool to have if you surface grind dies or do any type of visual grinding . I like it ! :grin:

And , for $200 , if you need or want it , pounce on it . We had J&S's at the die shop . There is one on the bay for $119 now ! What I don't see is the angled base that should be supplied with that dresser . It was kind of a dovetail looking base which could be angled to align the diamond true to the spindle .

Yep, Dave is correct...radius wheel dresser for a SG.

It can also create a profile on the wheel to finish a slot, ledge, or any angle you want to grind in the part. I have a similar one made by Yuasa. It’s called a profile radius & angle dresser

Last edited:
Back