I'm Very Happy with my PM-728 VT

DBlue

Registered
Registered
I got my new 728VT on Tuesday....it arrived unscathed on the pallet, the driver was very nice guy, even offered to help get it in my shop...I did give him a tip by the way. Got it in my shop and got everything set up with no issues. I don't know how I made it before with my old machine without a DRO and power drive...this thing is sweet, I love it. I make aluminum accessory tracks for kayaks and replacement rudder pins and a few other small parts. I bought this mill to make the aluminum tracks with as it was really time consuming on my old mill...I know all the measurements and with the DRO it makes it really sweet machining them. This machine has really exceeded my expectations...:) Here's a pic of a couple of the tracks I machined on it today, I just need to radius the ends and clean them up...

Attachments

• IMG_3125.jpg
    IMG_3125.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 227
Looking great. Way to get up and running and cranking out parts in a hurry. Congrats!!

I got my new 728VT on Tuesday....it arrived unscathed on the pallet, the driver was very nice guy, even offered to help get it in my shop...I did give him a tip by the way. Got it in my shop and got everything set up with no issues. I don't know how I made it before with my old machine without a DRO and power drive...this thing is sweet, I love it. I make aluminum accessory tracks for kayaks and replacement rudder pins and a few other small parts. I bought this mill to make the aluminum tracks with as it was really time consuming on my old mill...I know all the measurements and with the DRO it makes it really sweet machining them. This machine has really exceeded my expectations...:) Here's a pic of a couple of the tracks I machined on it today, I just need to radius the ends and clean them up...

Thanks. That's basically how I have been doing it (bandsaw) when rounding corners on lengths of 1/8" 6061 channel. I suspect this would be a breeze on a CNC but, unfortunately, not on a manual mill. Does your sander quickly load up with material?

Does your sander quickly load up with material?
I highly recommend Tapmatic Edge Lube, it's amazing for sanding or grinding aluminum. Whatever grit you're using will cut cut like it's more coarse and leave the finish of a finer grit, without loading up! Fantastic on a flap disk or a belt grinder, just rub a little on the abrasive while it's running.

Back