I'm Very Happy with my PM-728 VT

7milesup: Have you guys seen this for radius corners on the mill?

It's a handy technique that I use often.
The picture shown above for the video is wrong. When cutting a radius using the side of the end mill the pin should be tight against the side of the vice jaws. It is done correctly in the video.

7milesup: Have you guys seen this for radius corners on the mill?

It's a handy technique that I use often.
The picture shown above for the video is wrong. When cutting a radius using the side of the end mill the pin should be tight against the side of the vice jaws. It is done correctly in the video.
I've seen that video before, it does work but for what I'm doing I can do it faster using my 12" disc sander and a belt sander, it's not perfect but for these tracks it works well for me. Here's what they look like when I'm done with them...

Attachments

• 5F2919A9-DB58-4E10-8BE3-2C1978DA7597.jpeg
    5F2919A9-DB58-4E10-8BE3-2C1978DA7597.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • A423819C-BD8E-445B-A983-A4DA70EF43FD.jpeg
    A423819C-BD8E-445B-A983-A4DA70EF43FD.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
I've seen that video before, it does work but for what I'm doing I can do it faster using my 12" disc sander and a belt sander, it's not perfect but for these tracks it works well for me. Here's what they look like when I'm done with them...
They look great. And I agree the bandsaw and belt sander are likely faster when knocking out multiples of an item like you are doing. That said, that trick in the video is good to know about.

They look great. And I agree the bandsaw and belt sander are likely faster when knocking out multiples of an item like you are doing. That said, that trick in the video is good to know about.
That trick is definitely worth knowing about for sure....:)

in the vid he does use the side of the vice. he uses both the side and top.

...though torwards the end of the video his fingers get a tad closer to the cutting tool than I might be comfortable doing.

Back