Import Power Feeds for Milling Machines

My yr 2000 mill came with a WorkHorse brand power feed unit for the longitudinal axis. It's from the Mainland, but has worked great.

There were a couple of quirks with the unit though, which you may want to look for when buying yours
1) The "power-on" indicator light (small board diode) was almost invisible, so I replaced it with an updated LED
2) The travel speed was not linearly proportionate to the dial settings, so I developed a curve which I use instead

Another vote for Vevor. Put one on the Z axis of the BP (went with the 450inlb version), and it's a life saver not having to crank it by hand. Putting another one on the Acra mill this week. While I don't like the idea of supporting the Chinese state, it's sure hard to beat the prices. Mike

Could also make a stepped key from a slightly larger key
He just used the factory angled end of the tool bit for the cutting edge and rounded out the other end to get a better contact with the end of the shaft keyway. He pushed the gear over the shaft by hand. The depth of cut was so shallow that it took very little pressure to shave out the excess material. .0035" on a side.

While I don't like the idea of supporting the Chinese state, it's sure hard to beat the prices. Mike
Me either BUT....
My Jet mill came with a factory installed X axis feed. I added a Z feed. A real labor saver and it keeps me from trying to do short cuts to keep from all the cranking required when changing tooling. Just remember to release the knee locks. Also be sure to install the travel limits.

Back