Imported 5C chuck and the D1-6 adapter

Am I the only one that gets audio but no video?

I wasn't sure if this was going to work.
I can click on it. I open it up from the download in the lower left corner. It takes a few seconds to load.
The video is showing the .001" TIR with some stock in the collet close to the chuck. You aren't missing much.
I'm still pinching myself how well this project turned out.

Am I the only one that gets audio but no video?
My browser did not have the "plug-in decoder" for .MOV either.

Given that I don't like invasive software in plug-ins doing other stuff (unpublished) besides delivering the video, I just right-clicked --> "Save as" --> and put it on my desktop. Then I just played it with the media player in the usual way.

When I first read this thread I thought WOW .001" runout for a collet chuck is a lot. The advertised TIR on Royal chucks is .0002". Their collets have an .0002" runout as well. Then I looked at the price of the chucks. One for a standard manual lathe is north of $3,700.00. The collets (which only seem to be sold by the set) are another $520.00 for the 17 piece set.

For the difference in price I can certainly live with the .0006" more in combined TIR

When I first read this thread I thought WOW .001" runout for a collet chuck is a lot
For me, It's not bad. Considering I have a set of Shars 5C collets coming, I'll add up the errors and see what I come up with.
I'm not building rockets or anything important. Well, maybe a link rod to a model steam engine.
I didn't buy the pre machined set. I wonder what those numbers come out to??

Back