Importing a PM-25 To canada HELP Needed

Alright, I just went through this scenario this morning with CBSA and a ~$200 USD purchase from LittleMachineShop... For multiple options, this has already been discussed here:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/self-declaring-through-canadian-customs.66049/#post-554070

I'm still not sure why I didn't have to pay duty this morning, despite they taxed me. But I'm not going to complain about it. I was happy to self-declare just to avoid paying brokerage fees (and other hidden charges) to UPS.
I got mine all figured out this morning. Apparently places like China where parts are manufactured from there aren't usually any duties as they are a highly ranked exporter or something like that. I forget how they worded it. Anyways my mill shows up tomorrow and the lovely ladies in my town at cbsa pulled some strings and where able to allow me to make the payment locally and saved me a 8 hour drive to fill out paperwork. Payed 270$ taxes and done. I may have to self declare all of my packages from now on. Did your package show up and you just declined it? Or how do you go about avoiding the ups fees.

Back